Thursday, June 27, 2013

Getting ourselves pulled together.

So, we're finally getting our act together. After waking up we started looking into our luggage whereabouts.
Turns out that after our bags hung out in Iceland to see the sights, they flew straight into stockholm. So things were starting to look up.
I helped my mom with some basic carpentry work in the kitchen... Not that I really know what I'm doing, but it looks half good.
Rejuvenated after a full nights rest for the first time in a while, we set out for a minor hike.
We passed by this street, 2 points for anyone that can tell me what street it starts at, and what street it ends at. (might be a trick question... )
As I think I've mentioned before, there is a large area of the mountain/big hill near my parents apartment where they have rebuilt and renovated a lot of buildings from the past few hundred years and turned it into an outdoors museum. Kathryn got to practice some semi-authentic cow-milking. Anyone that shows this to Joan Yandell will receive a whooping 7 bonus points.
The weather was very pleasant, even though the mosquitoes had a field day. And these are not some silly little upstate NY mosquitoes, but they pack some serious power. If can only get one to sit still for long enough for me to get a picture (maybe on Kathryn) I will show you.
Mom made her famous lasagna (5 points for anyone that knows what is different between her lasagna and your average "italian" lasagna) which was delicious by the way.
Now we need to sleep to get ready for tomorrows District Convetion.









7 comments:

  1. I think the street begins and ends at Gymnastikgatan though that is just a guess.

    Can't help with the other challenges - sorry.

    Love to everyone.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife says Annette uses white and red sauce in the lasagna (I'm being sucked into this game)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lasagna!
    She uses horse meat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK Karyn says she uses béchamel in the sauce. Send me the recipe, please!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sister Yandell didn't seem to amused @ Kathryn milking the fake cow. Not sure she could appreciate the meaning of a "blog". Nevertheless, I did as instructed. :)

    Oh and not sure why my comment didn't show up on the previous:
    Your direct translation :
    Bee, bee and volleyball,
    swan tweet,
    I act like I'm in shape,
    but still I will watch.
    Lullaby lullaby Bamba,
    kids little rambles
    advance of mountain combs
    looking for a lamb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What exactly does that mean?

      Delete
    2. It's not very accurate... but it sounds pretty amusing :) I think he went with google translate or something, but Icelandic is a bit tricky I think

      Delete