The weather was beautiful again and this was the first day when we went down to the beach where the rain didn't start right away.
Of course the water was ridiculously cold, do Hannah was the only one who actually got in the water. The rest of us spent the day on the cliffs with the resulting shades of red... except for my dad... he likes his summers shady, so this is where he likes to hang out. But in his defense, he was the only one with no burns what so ever...
Today's quiz is connected to this picture of the two crabs. What is strange about these crabs? 5 points for the observant one.
We had a BBQ in the evening with a bunch of different meats. I grilled them on a charcoal grill, which I wasn't used to, but I did like the way they came out.
My guess is they are missing their back swimming legs? Nice pictures. You look very relaxed.
ReplyDeleteI agree with LSC - missing leg number 5 on each side. Just a guess though...
ReplyDeleteHow cold was the water?
ReplyDeleteEach seem to have one white claw.
ReplyDeleteYou're close to the truth, but not quite e there yet. I'll give a hint... They could use some lightning.
ReplyDeleteAs for how cold, I'm not a fan of swimming unless the water is body temperature, so anything below that is unacceptable. :-)
Wimp! Unless it hurts.. It's not too cold. Gooo Hannah!
DeleteDenise has watched too much science fiction. Lol
FRANKENCRABS! Oh my.. Runnnnn! ;)
Hey, I needed a story! I would never have come up with the Frankenstein reference. That is actually a good guess.
DeleteAre these called Chinese Mitten Crabs? They were originally from China but have made their way as far west as the UK. They are considered an invasive species. I see that they each have one white claw. If they are Chinese Mitten Crabs, supposedly the claws have some resemblance to mittens. I have no clue what lightning has to do with it.
ReplyDeleteAs for the swimming, I am with you. No water below body temperature. I literally have not been swimming in about 3 years.
Sorry I didn't get in sooner. I had a talk so I was too busy stressing over it.
Does it have something to do with their eyes? They have weird looking eyes and maybe they are blind or something. Gotta throw us a bone here. What does lightening have to do with it?
ReplyDeleteI got it. These are shape shifters from a planetary system near the Mutara Nebula. Their home planet is an M-class planet with a binary sun with conditions very similar to earth. It is usually slightly warmer there because of the twin suns. Typically they are a somewhat xenophobic (they prefer to keep to their own kind), non-aggressive race. Wherever they are, they prefer to keep to themselves. They have been living on earth for hundreds of years and most of us don't even realize that they are among us. They adopt this particular form for that reason. This way they can live among earthlings without attracting much attention. Their natural physical forms resemble bodies like ours but look like water. They usually live in the ocean which is why no one ever usually sees them but can often adopt the shape and appearance of these crabs when they do come on land. They are a highly intelligent and technologically advanced species -- capable of travel at warp speeds. I didn't realize what they were at first but now that I look again, I can definitely recognize them.
ReplyDeleteIs the lightning a reference to Frankenstein? Are they both dead?
ReplyDeleteGood guess. I would never have thought of that.
DeleteOK ,,, if they are dead, who touched them and moved them to that spot so you could take pictures? Eeewwww!!!
Delete